It happens to all of us. You open your computer and start uploading your vacation photos, and a window pops up telling your hard drive is full. Now what?
If you don’t do anything, your computer will continue to slow down until it stalls altogether. It’s time to do some clean up.
In this article I’m going to walk you through a step-by-step process to tidy your hard drive. It’s going to take a while – especially if you need to go through lots of photos or videos – so give yourself an evening and do it while you catch up on some reading.
You can check your disc space on a Mac by:
- Clicking the Apple icon on the top left to bring up the Apple menu
- Selecting About This Mac
- Selecting the Storage tab in the new window
You can check your Windows disc space by:
- Opening File Explorer (the Windows icon on the bottom left)
- In the Search bar, type This PC
- The window that pops up shows the free space on the hard disk under the Windows (C:) drive.
Now, onto the clean up. Follow this step-by-step system for freeing space on your hard drive.